Looking back on 2018, I'm deeply grateful for what the Lord has done to get me to Ireland to begin this new role as international Theological Education Specialist with Serge and EPC World Outreach. This year has been filled with my move to Dublin and learning more about what it means to serve the church here, as well as connecting with networks of colleagues in theological education all over the world. This year I've traveled to Poland, Greece, Kenya, the Czech Republic, India, Panama, and even California. I've been able to teach Galatians to college students from the US, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland in Serge Ireland's 'Encounter' summer program. I've taught biblical hermeneutics to MA students in South Asia, biblical theology to participants in the Presbyterian Church in Ireland's Accredited Preachers Course, and taught a New Testament Introduction course and two more on the narrative of God's mission from Genesis to Revelation to Fuller Seminary students online in various parts of the globe. Right now I'm in the midst of planning my first trip to Burundi in February to teach Bible interpretation to pastors at Hope Africa University. And I'm just beginning a project helping to establish Theologians Without Borders (TWB), a new initiative promoting mutuality and equitability in partnerships between Western seminaries and theological schools in the developing world. (If reading that list makes you tired, trust me, I'm tired too. But happy.)
The Lord makes all this happen by working through so many of you who pray, give, encourage, and help in other practical ways. By his grace I'm fully dependent on your partnership. And you make it easy for me to ask because of your generous hearts and deep commitment to the growth of God's Kingdom. Thank you!
“Joy to the world! He comes to make his blessings flow, Far as the curse is found...” As we celebrate the birth of Jesus, God-with-us, this is my small way of saying thank you, thank you, thank you for your gifts to me of friendship, prayer, and support as we partner together to share the love and grace of God ‘far as the curse is found.’
Nollaig Shona Duit (‘Merry Christmas!’ in Irish)